Rotating Holiday Toys Banner

Friday, February 26, 2010

Filing your papers/bills

A great way to file your loose papers and bills. Get a 13 pocket accordion file, and label them with the 12 months of the year. The 13th pocket can be saved for your taxes and tax preparation throughout the year.
I file my mail and loose paperwork directly into the current month - not by subject or name. I save a ton of time just putting EVERYTHING in the current month file, rather than filing each and every paper/mail into their own file folder. I've been using this system for 2 years, and it's cut down on my clutter of paper tremendously.
I used to use a smaller one for my receipts but now i just put all my receipts in here. The oldest ones on the bottom and the most recent ones on top. At the end of the year, the only thing i need to store, is this white box, and the 13 pocket accordion file. Faaabulous!

No comments: